Let's start with CMA Foundation, that is the very basic and fundamental level of the CMA Course. This is an offline exam per se, and is conducted by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI). CMA Foundation can be regarded as an entry point for all the aspirants who are desirous of becoming a CMA.
There is however an eligibility criteria that a candidate must fulfill so as to qualify for appearing in the CMA Foundation exam.
The eligibility criteria is as follows -
- A student must have passed Class 10 or its equivalent from any recognized national/state board or institution in India.
- A student must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from any recognized national/state board in India. However any student who is appearing for 10+2 exam in a current session is also eligible to register himself for CMA Foundation.
- All the candidates who have cleared the National Diploma in Commerce Examination from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or by the State Board of Technical Education, that functions under the authority of the All India Council, or even the candidates who hold a Diploma in Rural Service Examination ie conducted by the National Council of Higher Education are eligible for CMA Foundation Exam.
- Attested copy of Class X ie Matriculation Marksheet that must be issued from a recognized National/ State Board of Secondary Education in India.
- Attested copy of Class XII Admit Card, only in case appearing, and awaiting result or else an attested Class XII Pass Certificate/ Marksheet that must be issued by a recognized National/ State Board of Secondary Education in India.
- A student would also require to annex three recent and coloured passport size photographs of himself, that a student should neatly affix on the hard copy of the CMA Foundation registration form, along with his identity card that would be issued from the CMA Institute.
Also the attestation of the aforenamed documents has to be done by any member from The Institute of Cost Accountants of India / The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India / The Institute of Company Secretaries of India/ State Legislative Assembly/ Parliament/ Gazetted Officer/ Any college principal.
Above we have discussed all the registration requirements for the CMA Foundation course and we shall now talk about the academic subjects that CMA Foundation encompasses of.
There are 4 Papers in the CMA Foundation course and these are -
1. Fundamental of Economics and Management
2. Fundamentals of Accounting
3. Fundamentals of Laws and Ethics
4. Fundamentals of Business Mathematics and Statistics
These aforementioned papers of CMA Foundation are divided into two parts ie Part A and Part B. Herein Part A comprises of objective type of questions, true false and fill in the blanks while Part B consists of subjective type of questions, that must be articulately and eloquently answered by a candidate.
The detailed chapter wise syllabus for each of these subjects is as follows -
This paper is divided into two sections ie Section A and Section B. A detailed description of each section is given below.
Section A: Fundamentals of Economics (50 marks)1. Basic Concepts of Economics
- Definition, Scope, Fundamental Concepts
2. Theory of Demand and Supply
- Demand, Supply and Equilibrium
3. Theory of Production
- Meaning, Factors, Production Function, Law Of Variable Proportion and Returns to Scale
4. Theory of Cost
- Meaning, Cost Function, Cost Curves and Economies of Scale
- Significance, Perfect Competition and Imperfect Competition
- Definition, Functions, Money Supply Components and Quantity Theory of Money.
- Significance, Commercial Bank, Central Bank, Financial Institutions.
8. Money Market
- Meaning, Structure and Function of Indian Money Market.
Section B: Fundamentals of Management (50 marks)1. Management Process
- Definition, Management as Science, Art and Profession, Management Principles and Process
2. Management – Concepts - Authority, Power, Delegation Of Authority, Responsibility, Accountability, Leadership and Motivation.
4. Decision Making
-Concept, Definition, Types, Process and Techniques
This paper deals with both Financial Accounting and Cost Accounting, and the paper is hence divided into Section A and Section B respectively, with the detailed topics for each section mentioned below.
Section A: Fundamentals of Financial accounting (80 marks)1. Accounting Basics
- Principles, Concepts, Conventions, Capital & Revenue Transactions, Journal, Ledger, Depreciation Accounting, Rectification of Errors and Bank Reconciliation Statement.
2. Accounting for Special Transactions
- Bills Of Exchange, Consignment and Joint Venture.
3. Preparation of Final Accounts
- Profit making concern (sole proprietorship only), NPO's
Section B: Fundamentals of Cost Accounting (20 marks)1. Meaning, Definition, Significance of Cost Accounting, its relation with Management and Financial Accounting, Costs Classification and Cost Sheet Formation.
Section A: Fundamentals of Commercial Laws (70 marks)1. Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Essential elements of Contract, Offer and Acceptance, Void and Voidable Agreements, Consideration, Quasi and Contingent Contracts, Performance, Discharge and Breach of Contract, Remedies for such breach.
2. Sale of Goods Act, 1930
- Definition, Transfer of Ownership, Conditions and Warranties, Performance of Sale Contract, Rights of Unpaid Vendor, Auction Sales.
3. Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
- Negotiable Instruments, Promissory Note, BOE, Cheque.
Section B: Fundamentals of Ethics (30 marks)1. Ethics and Business
- Significance and Importance, Ethics and Law, Ethics in Business.
Section A: Fundamentals of Business Mathematics (40 marks)1. Arithmetic
- Ratio and Proportion, Simple and Compound Interest, Arithmetic Progression and Geometric Progression
- Set Theory, Permutation and Combination and Quadratic Equations
Section B: Fundamentals of Business Statistics (60 marks)1.Statistical Representation of Data
- Diagrammatic representation of data, Frequency distribution, Graphical representation of Frequency Distribution via Histogram, Frequency Polygon Curve, Ogive and Pie-chart.
2.Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Mean, Median, Mode, Mean Deviation Range, Quartiles and Quartile Deviation etc.
- Karl Pearson and Bowley’s Coefficient of Skewness
3.Correlation and Regression
-Scatter diagram, Karl Pearson’s Coefficient of Correlation Regression lines, Regression equations, Regression coefficients
Independent and dependent events, Mutually exclusive events, Total and Compound Probability, Baye’s theorem etc.
While there is no negative marking in the CMA Foundation Exam, that a candidate can attempt either in English or in Hindi, it is appurtenant to mention that the exam is comparatively much easy, if juxtaposed with CMA Intermediate and CMA Final but however the passing criteria for CMA Foundation is that a candidate who undertakes the CMA Foundation exam would be declared to have passed the exam only if he secures minimum of 40% marks in each of the four papers along with a cumulative aggregate of 50% for all the four papers. Also studying practically and covering each concept thoroughly is the only key for clearing the CMA Foundation exam.
What Our Students
Say About Us
“ Having studied from Ashish Kalra sir in IPCC, I was absolutely sure to take my classes from him for CA Final too. The way he teaches the concepts, they get deeply engraved in us in a manner that it's ... “
“ As the name suggests, IGP is an institute that really grooms professionals in true manner. Experience is not something which can be defined in words. It is a feeling and the feeling here at IGP with A... “
“ Thank you sir, for converting our mistakes into lessons, pressures into productivity and skills into strength. You really know how to bring out the best in us. You are the answer to all our problems a... “
“ Sir, you are really awesome. I have never met you personally but ek ajeeb sa mental connection ho gaya hai aapse. I am taking your satellite classes in Agra. I can't even imagine what would be the sit... “
“ ASHISH KALRA SIR, the most hardworking and sincere teacher Iâ€™ve ever met. IGP means awesome and the best institute for CA classes. I believe all my success is because of this hardworking teache... “
“ The most important thing that I've learnt is to plan my work. ASHISH SIR has been a constant source of motivation who instills a lot of confidence in a person. I actually started believing, that achie... “
“ You are an awesome teacher by the way you teach. Your hard work to build our careers motivates us to work more till our last breath. You taught us not just Cost and FM, but also about all life aspects... “
“ IGP is a place you can trust. I am very happy to be a part of this institute. CA Ashish Kalra is a great teacher and I am so blessed to be a part of his life which he shared with us while teaching us.... “
“ Experience of those four months with Ashish Kalra Sir was out of the world. A person who possesses such vast knowledge not only in the field of cost & F.M. but in other fields also, that we can dream ... “
“ Ashish Sir is an amazing teacher. The way he introduces us with a concept, it make sure we never forget it. He has an explanation for every part of a concept, you just have to be a tentive and never g... “
“ it was a great experience studing from Ashish Sir. He always motivated us to give our best. He focused on concepts which really helped me in my revisions. His books are more than sufficient for exams ... “
“ Ashish sir is the best teacher anyone can getâ€¦. The way he teaches the concepts and clear each and every doubt is just amazingâ€¦.. Studing Costing and FM from Ashish sir is just blessing ... “
“ I was not able to clear only SCMPE for the last 2 times. But this time because of your classes, I crack it and become CA. Thanks a lot sir... “
“ I Scored 80 marks in SFM in yesterday result and I am a CA now so thanku sir for your guidance and effort.... “
“ Sir apke padhane ka tarika is out of level full conceptual clearity milti hai and theory padhane ka itna interesting way hai ki kabhi bore nahi hoteâ€¦... Thanks for all such efforts you do for us... “
“ Sir jiâ€¦. Apne Economics, FM, Cost itni easy tarah se padhaya ki sab samajh aa gya... Sir I Love Youâ€¦ you are the best teacher of this world thanks sir ji for this. ... “
“ Ashish sir apke jaisa teacher kabhi nahi mila aur shayad kabhi milega bhi nahi. Sir u r the bestâ€¦... And apke concept batane ki technique is simply awsome. According to my family and friends I c... “
“ Best faculty for CA and only institute with face to face classes. Energy level is so high. Motivational lectures are awsome. Best books and content fully covered. Fun and knowledge together. ... “
“ Choosing Ashish Sir as mentor was one of the decisions I am proud of, beside his extreme knowledge and ability to disseminate it, his hardwork for us was indeed selp motivating. Now to elobrate on stu... “
“ Words are too little to express what you are to me. You are the most invaluable part of my life and play multiple roles. But it was a teacher that you first exercised your influence on me. So on the o... “
“ The Ashish Kalra Sir u have been so much more than a teacher for usâ€¦. (mentor, guide, friend) I can challenge anybody in the whole world to find a better teacher than uâ€¦. U have set a grea... “
“ Ashish Kalra Sir YOU ARE THE BEST, I still remember the first day of class when all questions seemed same and confusing to me and last day when I was able to handle them proficiently. You made CMA lik... “
“ Ashish Kalra Sir, You are the Best, I still remember before the first day of class when everything was new and tough in my mind, since the first day till the last day everything was easy as a cakewalk... “
“ The experience of taking classes from Ashish Sir is magical, something that cannot be accurately described in words. Although I took a pendrive classes, I never felt disconnected and it was as if I wa... “
“ Sir, you have been an excellent teacher, hardworking and devoted to your work and to us. You have helped us grasp your subject through intresting lectures and presentations, feeling us up to achieve o... “
“ Ashish sir is the one who takes a hand opens a mind and touches the heart. He is the best inspiration one can get He is the best teacher one can get. ... “
“ Sirâ€¦ you are the best teacher no one can teach Cost, FM & ECO for finance better than youâ€¦.. This whole market is full of teachers but you are diamond of the field and your book of economi... “
“ Give your best and you will definitely get the best. Keep on working hard and you will clear your CA Exams with good marks. This is what I did. I make a schedule and tried to follow it. Sir always use... “
“ The great instiute, where students are empowerd with knowledge and wisdom. CA Ashish Kalra Sir is DRONNACHARYA of CA students, in their classes knowledge flows like water is flowing in the river. He w... “
“ It has been a great expereince studing CMA & FM Eco from you Ashish Sir. I am so lucky that I got a teacher like you. Your teaching method is really simple, straight forward and effective and I will n... “
“ Ashish Kalra Sir has an impeccable talent of bringing the best out of his students. Further his questioning attitude and the method of developing the concepts is something which not only makes the sub... “
Vijender Aggarwal - 2 Times AIR-1
“ The experience of taking classes from CA Ashish Kalra Sir was amazing. He is the most hardworking person I have ever seen. The positivity and energy level which he passes to his students is simply a... “
Shubham Malhotra-AIR-1-CMA Marks 100/100
“ It was an amazing experience attending Kalra sir's classes. A great extent of this achievement of mine is owed to sir. The flawlessness of his teaching and the passion with which he teaches are someth... “
Bhumika Agarwalla-AIR-1-CFM Marks
“ I am Abhishek Agarwal, I secured All India 2nd rank in the CA-IPCC Novâ€™15 exams and got 82 marks in CFM. Talking about CA Ashish Kalra Sir I think he is a person who not only possesses the most... “
Abhishek AgarwaL-AIR-2-CFM Marks 82/100
“ I feel lucky that I got chance to be taught by CA Ashish Kalra Sir. To attend his class was quite a fabulous experience for me. He is the best teacher, mentor and guide I have ever seen. He makes ever... “
Pramanshu Sharma-AIR-3-CFM MARKS 88/100
“ "Teaching at its very best is what describes CA Ashish Kalra sir and CA Vijender Aggarwal sir. They both are extraordinary teachers. Their teaching style makes them stand out among others. They put ... “
“ "The first coaching that I took was Cost and FM. It was a really great experience with sir. Everyday we came, the class comprised half of learning and half of motivation. We always had our fire burn... “
“ "The experience of those 5 months with CA Ashish Kalra Sir was a life transforming journey. The main thing that is required in CA exams is Conceptual understanding. Sir's classes were a perfect blen... “
“ "It's a matter of great pride for me to achieve these goals and in reaching these milestones, IGP played a very important role for me. Be it CPT, IPC or Final, at all the levels all the faculty prov... “
Pragati Varshney-AIR-7-CFM Marks 94/100
“ Scored 100/100 in CMA and couldn’t have achieved it without Ashish sir. I used to keep contacting him regarding my doubts and at times when I was tensed. He used to be always there for me to guide ... “