After CMA Foundation, CMA Intermediate is the next level that a student must clear so as to fulfill his dream of becoming a professional CMA.
The eligibility criteria for registering in the CMA Intermediate course is as follows -
1. A student should have passed 10+2 ie Higher Secondary Examination from any recognized national/state board of education, and in addition to this, he should also have cleared the CMA Foundation Exam.
2. A candidate is eligible for directly appearing in the CMA Intermediate exams in case he is a Graduate/ Post Graduate in any discipline, other than Fine Arts.
3. Also a candidate who has cleared the Foundation (Entry Level) Part I Examination of CAT of the Institute/ Foundation (Entry Level) Part I Examination and Competency Level Part II Examination of CAT of the Institute is eligible for direct admission in CMA Intermediate.
4. Lastly, a candidate who has cleared the CA Foundation exam that is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)/ if the candidate holds a pass certification in CSEET Exam by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) shall be eligible for direct admission in the CA Intermediate Course.
Also a student has to mandatorily complete a 100hours of Compulsory Computer Applications Training, a 3days training for Communication & Soft Skills and an On-line (24×7) Web-based Centralized Quality Assessment Test to be eligible for appearing in the CMA Intermediate exams.
However post completion of these skill enhancing courses, a student can appear for Group1/ Group2/ both Groups of the CMA Intermediate exam in one sitting, and the subjects of these two groups are listed below.
Paper 5- Financial Accounting
Paper 6- Laws & Ethics
Paper 7- Direct Taxation
Paper 8- Cost & Management Accounting
Paper 9- Operating Management & Strategic Management
Paper 10- Cost & Management Accounting & Financial Management
Paper 11- Indirect Taxation
Paper 12- Company Accounts & Audit
The CMA Intermediate papers are 25% objective with MCQ's, fill in the blanks and true, false etc. while the other 75% part of the question paper is theory based, and needs to be answered diligently and also succinctly, elucidating all of the relevant points. The passing criteria is the same, as was for CMA Foundation wherein a candidate must secure a minimum of 40% in all the papers separately and an overall aggregate of 50% so as to successfully clear a group.
Also talking about the fees, a student has two options to pay the fees for CMA Intermediate ie under Option1, a student must pay Rs20000 as the full fees however under Option2, a student can pay the fees in two instalments of Rs12000 and Rs8000.
Also the exams for CMA Intermediate are held all over India wherein there is an exam fee of Rs1200 for appearing in either of the two groups or Rs2400 for appearing in both the groups and in case a student wishes to clear the arduous CMA exams, then he must cover each and every concept in extreme minuscule detail and should study wholeheartedly, so as to accomplish his dream of becoming a professional and thereby attaining success.